We had a super relaxing New Year’s Day. Raelyn allowed us the pleasure of sleeping in and then I put the pot of beans on to cook for a few hours.
Don’t worry, our breakfast included the obligatory cabbage. If you’re not sure how to cook cabbage for breakfast, it’s great sautéed with a bit of bacon and onion. Mmmm, good eats!
Jason, Jenny, and Avery came over for our traditional New Year’s Day lunch (usually we go to their place but we switched it up this year). Jason made us some fabulous stuffed cabbage and I made the beans and cornbread. Unfortunately, my Marsh was out of Jiffy cornbread mix. Even Raelyn had a bite of the beans so I think we’re all set for fortune and health this year. ;)
The girls enjoyed chasing each other around and playing together.
There were a lot of Avery hugs given to Raelyn.
And one of the cousins was willing to smile for the camera.
Welcome home 2011!
2 comments:
Love her rock-n-roll outfit!! Sorry we missed the beans and cabbage...I could've brought the cornbread!! But, boy, you should see our basement twinkle!! It looks great!!
Also, I feel like I'm a blog stalker lately, since I'm the only one that's been commenting on your blog!! ha ha
Post a Comment