Monday, January 31, 2011

20 weeks – It’s a…

Here’s one thing I’ll never understand… pregnancy math. According to pregnancy math, I’m officially half way through. But, the first 4 weeks one isn’t actually pregnant. So shouldn’t 1/2 way be at what we call 22 weeks? Has anyone else ever pondered this?

Friday I had my 20 week appointment. All is well so far. I was happily surprised to learn that I had only gained 3lbs since my last appointment. I feel like I’ve really sprouted out since then so it’s nice to know I’m not packing on the lbs like I thought (so far). We learned during the ultrasound that the placenta is still close to my cervix so I’ll need another ultrasound in 8 weeks to recheck it. Nothing to worry about at this point. If it doesn’t move farther away then my doctor will plan on a c-section. We would both rather avoid a c-section but it won’t be the end of the world if my doctor deems it necessary for a safer delivery.

Here are a few ultrasound pictures.

BABY_9

BABY_5

BABY_6

The ultrasound tech was quite thorough. She showed us the baby’s brain (and mentioned we have a smart baby), kidney’s, liver, heart, bladder, eyes, nose, mouth, arms, fingers, legs, feet, etc. It was pretty amazing! The baby was laying face down so we didn’t get a profile view but hopefully will at the next ultrasound. All of the baby’s measurements were right on target at either 19w5d or 19w4d (Friday I was 19w4d). Perfect!

Well, that’s about it for the 20 week update. Oh, did you want to know the gender?  For modesty, I’ll keep that photo offline. But I will tell you that we’re having a…

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

BOY!!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool pics! Congrats on your son!!!!!

xo,
k

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! HOW EXCITING!

Love, The Millers

Indianalori said...

Yeah!!! Assuming he won't be named Ray or Lyn...I can only guess he will be named Constantine, although, I hope you will reconsider. Just joking...I want to be the first to tease you about names, as everyone and their brother has an opinion (Sara? But that's so boring. Kelly? Too 1970's!).

Love, Lori

Anonymous said...

oh, btw, i had low lying placenta/placenta previa and it resolved by 28 weeks or so. i am sure yours will too. :) -k

PEEPER said...

Thanks for sharing the pics of Homer (ha ha)! I can't believe you are 20 weeks already. That gives me hope that both your cute little boy AND warm weather will be here before we know it!!

Nicole said...

Cogratulations!!! I'm glad to hear that all is well with "Baby Boy Repko"! How exciting! It IS hard to believe that you're halfway already!

jeanna said...

OH MY MY!!! I didn't even know you were pregnant. I am so happy for you all! So happy! We were told we'd never have babies, and God gave us 4. I love it when He trumps the dr's opinion!