**WARNING**
I'm about to post photos from Sheba's root canal. I don't think they are too gross though. It's just a tooth. :)
Sheba broke her canine tooth earlier in September while at the kennel. Once we had it checked by the vet we found that the nerve was exposed and she would either need the tooth extracted or have a root canal. We opted for the root canal so her tooth could be saved. My understanding of a root canal is that they remove the pulp from the root canal and then fill it in with some kind of dental filling. Then the vet filed down the tooth so it did not have any sharp edges.
Left: broken tooth with nerve exposed
Right: Vet drilling hole in tooth
Left: vet suturing
Right: X-ray of completed root canal

She's doing just fine now. Currently, she's napping after enjoying the fall cool air out on the deck all morning. 
4 comments:
cool! how did you get the pics??? were you in the room when they did the procedure? very interesting.
What troopers you all are. This is definitely a first. I'm glad Sheba will no longer be in pain.
Mom R
Yes, I would also like to know how you got the pics. Very interesting.
Thanks for the blog printing recommendations. I am getting ready to check it out.
Amanda
The vet gave us the photos when we picked Sheba up after her surgery.
Post a Comment