Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Tidbits

I realized yesterday that there are so many big and little milestones that I have missed posting about. Sometimes it just feels impossible to sit down and write a full post with photos and so I don't. Or I think, I'll catch up on those later and then I forget.

Most of the time it's the little conversations that make my day and I want to try to document those no matter how short the post. Even if it lacks a photo.

*****************************
On the way to school (as we drove past a Starbucks)
Max:  "COFFEE, COFFEE!"
Raelyn:  "Mommy, you want coffee today?"
Me: "We don't have time to stop for coffee but I will have some coffee when I get to work."
Raelyn: "Wow, Mommy! Someone will have your coffee waiting for you at your office?"

******************************
Said to one of the student teachers at pick up
Raelyn: "This is my little brother. His name is MAXIMUS."
Ms. Olivia: "Hi, Max."
Raelyn: "No. He's MaxiMUS!"

*******************************
At dinner last night
Mark: "You're so sweet, Raelyn."
Raelyn: "No, it's sweetHEART, Daddy."

********************************
This morning in the car we were talking about Mark's work trip
Raelyn:  "But WHERE is Daddy's work trip?"
Me: "He's going to Chicago."
Raelyn: "Chi-taco? Is that how we say it in Chi-taco?"
Max: "Ca-go!"

*********************************

And here they are enjoying some blueberry pie I made Sunday night. (Despite the serious look on Max's face, he really did enjoy it!)



1 comment:

PEEPER said...

I wish I had written down all the funny/sweet things the kids have said throughout the years. Especially now that I'm losing my memory.