Tuesday, January 01, 2013

2013: Refuel

It's a new year and for many that means making resolutions and most likely breaking them. Every year I chose a word to hold close to my heart. I generally scribble it on the January 1 square of my planner and then think about it throughout the year. 

I've chosen the word REFUEL for 2013. 
Somewhere along the line in 2012 I began feeling like I just need to get through the day. That's ok sometimes but I was "just getting through the day" day after day and suddenly it was the end of the year.  Now I don't want you to get the wrong impression... getting through the day has a negative sound and I'm not saying I experienced bad day after bad day. I'm just saying I began feeling drained. So, as 2013 rolled into town and I began thinking about that January 1 spot that needed a scribble I realized that I needed a refill. I'm hoping that as I hold the word refuel close to my heart this year I am able to take some time for myself each day doing something that fills my tank. It's going to look like: spending more time in God's word, intentional prayer, reading fiction, writing blog posts, journaling, printing photos for our albums, meeting a friend for dinner, offering fuel to other friends who need a fill up, etc. 

This year, in addition to my word of the year, I've added verses for the year. I've selected verses to pray over Raelyn and Max. I tried to find a verse for each of them that kind of fits them where they are right now. If this works out like I believe it will, I'll chose a verse for them each year and watch them flourish under the word of God. Motivated by this idea I saw online, I traced each of their little hands and then wrote their specific verse on their hand cut out. I've placed them on our refrigerator where we see them all the time. 


The verse I'm praying for Raelyn this year is Colossians 3: 20-21. Obviously she is in the midst of toddler stuff: learning to listen, learning to obey, etc. As  you see, I also am praying the verse to remind myself not to be too tough on her. I certainly don't want to crush her beautiful spirit!

The verse I'm praying for Max this year is Ephesians 3: 17-19. He's still a baby and I just want him to know how much God loves him. To hear over and over how wide, how long, how high, how deep God's love is for him (for all of us). 


For myself I'm praying Philippians 4:6-7. And with my new bracelet I'm reminded constantly to pray and the peace of God will take over my heart and mind.

Here's to a 2013 filled with prayer and refueling! 

1 comment:

PEEPER said...

Great Idea!!! Love the bracelet too!