I’m determined to get something blogged in a timely fashion this year. So here we go… Easter.
Mark had Friday off from work and it was a beautiful day so we took the kids to Conner Prairie for a bit. Raelyn especially loved the petting barn! There were baby lambs and goats to pet, as well as a duck.
We hung out at home the rest of the day where Max and Sheba had some quality bonding time during Raelyn’s nap.
Saturday morning we headed off to the Indianapolis Propylaeum for an Easter Egg hunt. Unfortunately, the information I found online was from 2010 so we arrived an hour early! During that hour we were able to take a self-guided tour of the home, which was pretty cool.
Raelyn loved the Easter bunny and didn’t like that she didn’t get to hang out by him the entire time. At one point, she ran up and gave him a big hug!
Max pretty much hung out in his stroller watching Raelyn run around.
After the hunt, we headed over to Holcomb Gardens at Butler for a picnic. Raelyn climbed a few trees, with Daddy’s help, and loved smelling the blooming lilacs!
That evening, Mark’s parents came over for burgers, cupcakes, and to play in our backyard.
Sunday morning, we enjoyed a French toast breakfast, revealed the radio flyer wagon and zoo membership that the Easter bunny left, and then headed off to a beautiful church service.
After church, we headed north to visit with my mom, sister, aunts, and cousins. The first stop was at the hospital so I could visit with my Grandma. I took her a printed copy of the family photo above. As soon as I showed it to her she said, “That’s for me to keep, right?” I loved when I walked into her room that she had the Cub’s game playing on the tv. That’s my Grandma Bones for you, always the Cub’s fan!
4 comments:
yay! a new post! there are some great pics in here...I esp like Max's hair in the swing! Ok, I suppose you're encouragement for me to post something...
What a great Easter! DR
The kids really enjoy their new wagon. Max especially likes hanging his head over the side and waving his arms. MAR
Raelyn and Max,
I look forward to pulling you in your new wagon.
Love, Grandma R
Post a Comment