Our toddler. TODDLER! Just a month ago she was crawling around and now she is running around. She’s so good at it you would think she’s been a runner since birth. How do these changes happen so quickly?
Raelyn has a hearty laugh. A laugh that comes from her belly. You can almost see that in the photo above.
She can also be a serious thinker. Here she was just staring out the window, probably wondering when mommy would be done with all the photos. ;)
Raelyn is quite active. She has a ball just playing all day long. I love to see her excited look. Oh, here you go… (she was excited about finding something in this box). Her eyes get big and she makes this cute little “O” with her mouth.
Lately, one of her favorite activities is singing songs. I guess it’s more like commanding mommy to sing a song. When she wants me to sing, she finds me and claps twice. (It’s hard to capture a clap in a photo.)
Of course I am happy to please. Our song rotation includes:
- Rise and shine
- If you’re happy and you know it
- The wheels on the bus
- The itsy bitsy spider
- Baa baa black sheep
- Head and shoulders, knees and toes
- ABC’s
- Patty cake
- Mary had a little lamb
- I’m a little teapot
- I’m in the Lord’s army
Plus we are learning new songs in our Kindermusik class. Raelyn and I go on Monday morning and it’s fun to dance around and sing songs with the other mom’s and toddlers.
Time continues to fly by and we are soaking in every moment. It seems like each day she shows me something new she has learned. For instance today, she decided to incorporate peek-a-boo with her tunnel. She sat inside the tunnel and when I would say “Where’s Raelyn?”, she would peek out her head and wait for me to say “peek-a-boo!” We did this over and over. I just love being able to spend my days with my sweet girl.
1 comment:
Entering toddlerhood is a huge developmental jump which Raelyn has taken. She is so expressive and engaged with her surroundings, bringing such joy to all our lives.
Grandma R
Post a Comment