Monday, June 18, 2007

What a weekend!

For a week, this is what my kitchen looked like. While Mark's parents were visiting, his dad kindly primed the kitchen for us. :)

I spent a little bit of time everyday painting trim. Thursday, Mark realized he just had too many projects to complete on his own. Friday, I started edging. When Brian & Peeper came over for game night they thought we were starting a new trend.

We tried out a new recipe that was fabulous! This is as close as I'll get to Mark eating Mexican food. The pork was juicy and as Brian said, "perfectly grilled." We piled our tortillas high with the tenderloin slices and guacamole, as well as, black bean & corn salsa and sour cream (well, some of us had sour cream).

And since it was our turn to host game night, of course we played Puerto Rico! Here we see Peeper debating what her next move should be. Will she pick Settler or Mayor? Sugar or Corn?

And the winner is... Brian! I finished 2nd, only one point behind. :)

The Billmeiers spoiled us with a DQ ice cream cake for dessert! Unfortunately we were all too stuffed to actually eat it, but our slices were good a few nights later. Thanks!!

Saturday & Sunday we went back to work on our projects. By the end of Sunday, I finished the kitchen paint job as well as some other tasks like laundry & mopping and Mark completed the bathroom window replacement project (BWRP for short). I'll have a separate post in a few days of the BWRP. ;)


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The color really works! Of course, we knew it would--as it was already tested in Freeport:) Game night sounded like great fun and yummy too. Looking forward to the bathroom window photolog.

DAR

Anonymous said...

Wow! A beautiful job, Stephanie. You should be proud.
Grandpa

PEEPER said...

Although I thought the "sage trim" theme was a good one, I reallly think you're kitchen looks better now! Now if only your seamstress would get to work making some fancy window treatments!! Thank you for not pointing out who came last in the game. I guess my deep thinking didn't pay off in the end!!